New story published: Whiteness

New from Bourbon Penn: Whiteness


As far as I can see there is only whiteness. If I could move my head, I would say that the whiteness encircles me. Perspective smudges the vast distance I cannot comprehend into meaningless white space. I've always thought that empty space should be black. Pure white is just as empty, but there is a greater illusion of distance because it is lighted. I need the light to see the nothingness. Without seeing it, the immensity of emptiness in front of me would have no meaning. ...


http://www.bourbonpenn.com/issue/09/whiteness-by-james-l-steele.php


It's a surreal, bizarre story based on an old childhood drawing of mine. I still have the drawing. Maybe I'll scan it and share it with the world someday.

Comments

Popular Posts