Be scared

Advice for writers: every new project should scare you.

If you're not intimidated by the sight of that big idea you have, and the arduous task of translating it into something tangible, you're probably too confident.

Right now I'm scared. I have an idea. One I've been thinking about in one form or another since the seventh grade. One that has been begging to be solidified. Could turn into a series, could not. I'm not sure yet.

I have hesitated to write it before because I wanted to do some standalone projects first. I've written several of those books and have spent several years trying to find a publisher for them. I don't see a reason to wait; no matter what I write it's all equally difficult to publish. Now seems like a good time to clear my head of what is probably my oldest idea.

Comments

Popular Posts