Bad Mojo revisited

The version of Bad Mojo I bought on Steam and GOG doesn’t work. I found a copy on archive.org that does. It emulates Win3.1. I didn’t realize the original release was that old. I was able to replay it, and it’s an awesome experience.

 


Delightful amateurish acting, a well-told story, light action-based puzzles, and only one leap of logic. It should be preserved for future players. Considering the game designers were working with 256 colors, they succeeded in making the game nearly photorealistic. It’s like an indie movie in that you follow a fairly linear sequence between rooms, and photographs and clocks come to life and reveal the backstory, and what these characters have in common. I enjoyed revisiting it.


 

GOG and Steam also include bonus features which I did not see when I first played the game back in 2004-ish. Making-of vids featuring interviews with the crew. The genesis of the game is amusing.


I never forgot the experience, and I recommend everyone check it out.

 

 

 

And then buy the soundtrack from the composer.

 

 



Comments

Popular Posts