WALL OF TEXT: COFFEE

 

WALL OF TEXT: COFFEE. The other week, work gave away free Starbucks as a thank-you for all the bullshit we have to go through. For the first time, I went to one and got a vanilla latte. It tasted exactly like the lattes you can buy in glass jars on the shelf. I didn’t expect a freshly-made latte to taste the same as the bottles I can buy at a gas station. I expected it to be different in some way. That’s what happens when a corporation takes over. Everything must be consistent to maintain a brand identity. Very disappointing. I will continue to go to local cafes. Lattes taste different every time I order one. Coffee tastes different every time I get it. I don’t understand why someone would want it to be the same every time. Support local business before everything becomes consistent and identical.

Comments

Popular Posts